As members of the UN Foundation-led Earth To Coalition, Ecopreneurs for the Climate and our partners from the ClimateInnovation.city network we’re going to participate in #StepUp2018, a global digital conversation leading up to the Global Climate Action Summit (#GCAS2018), and aimed at stepping up climate ambition from all stakeholders and cities around the world. Needless to say, we’ll connect the dots and build momentum towards our San Francisco Climate Innovation Journey 2018 (#SFClimateJourney18), the first of many to come.
Weekly online activations across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more will help us turn up the volume on the global conversation around the inspiring, creative, and innovative ways ecopreneurs, communities, cities, and other key stakeholders and changemakers are taking climate action into their own hands, and we hope you’ll join us for the drumbeat!
The kick-off event takes place tomorrow, May 22 at 3 pm GMT — This Twitter chat will give an overview of the Summit before diving into each of the five challenge areas, hearing from organizations like WWF and BSR that are leading the charg! We hope you can all join, and invite you to promote this activation across your channels as well:
- Tweet this: Just what is the #GCAS2018? Join the kick-off chat Tuesday 11 am EST/3 pm GMT to learn how this Summit is challenging individuals, communities, and economies around the world to step up and take climate ambition to the next level! #StepUp2018 [attach image]
Eager for more? Here’s a sneak peek at the events coming up over the next month:
- May 29: Hacking Climate Action: Harnessing Technology and Innovation to Solve Climate Change
- June 4: 100 Days to GCAS – 100 Climate Solutions Showcase
- June 5: World Environment Day Global Activations
- June 8: World Oceans Day Global Activations
- June 12: “Building Better”: Climate-Smart Infrastructure
- June 19: Step Up, Scale Up: Climate Action and Investment
To bring the momentum and the messages of the GCAS to the world, we need your voices and actions, dear ecopreneurs and partners. So join us tomorrow on Twitter (@ECO4CLIM) and Facebook (facebook.com/ecopreneurs4climate.org), with the hashtags #GCAS2018 #StepUp2018 and #SFClimateJourney18, and share your thoughts and contributions to the climate movement.
For the climate and the people 😉