Co-organizers: Advanced Leadership Foundation (ALF), Climate Reality Spain (CRS), Ecopreneurs for the Climate (ECO4CLIM)
Venue (partner): Madrid International Lab, C / Bailén, 41. Madrid, Spain
Date and time: January 17, 2019, 18:30-20:30
Format: expert panel and open debate
REGISTRATION: link to event signup page
- To report the conclusions and recommendations reached at the last UN Climate Change Conference -COP24- (Poland, 3-14 December 2018) -, as well as the perspectives derived from the recent special report of the IPCC: “SR15 – Global Warming of 1.5 °C “.
- Interpret such recommendations and translate them into opportunities for economic and social transformation, tackling the main challenges identified, and therefore for climate leadership from all levels of the administration and economic sectors.
- Inspire, connect and empower new climate leaders. Generate conversations and synergies between entities and people working for a sustainable economy in Spain and internationally (multi-lateral cooperation).
Outline and speakers:[18:30 – 18:40] Welcome: representative of Madrid International Lab (Madrid City Council) [18:45 – 19:00] Introduction to the panel and sustainable leadership and climate programs:
- Caitlin Nelligan – Coordinator of the Advanced Leadership Foundation Leaders Program
- Álvaro Rodríguez – General Director of Climate Reality Spain
- Guadalupe García – Entrepreneurship Manager of EIT Climate-KIC, expert in circular economy of Fundación COTEC, leader of ALF
- Jesús Iglesias – International Coordinator of Ecopreneurs for the Climate, leader of CRS and ALF
- Blanca Pérez – Co-Director of SIC4Change, leader of ALF
- [To be confirmed] – leader / leader of CRS
- [To be confirmed] – CRS leader
[20:25 – 20:30] Conclusions and closing: Caitlin Nelligan and Álvaro Rodríguez